Kayaking on the creek
Season starts Mid-April 2020
Though it is tidal, Hoffler Creek is flat water and accessible to individuals of any skill level. Individual and tandem kayaks are available with tandems accommodating up to two adults and a small child. Kayaks are available anytime weather permits but generally from April-October.
We do not rent kayaks when winds are greater than 15mph (please check HERE for wind conditions before you plan your trip), during thunder or lightning or if there are any small craft advisories in effect. Combined air and water temp of 120 degrees is needed to avoid hypothermia. Please check water temps HERE before planning your paddle.
WE HAVE 7 SINGLE & 4 TANDEM KAYAKS, Must book 24 hours in advance! Reservations required. Book now.
(24 hr advance) Rentals- We book two launch times a day; 10:30am and 12:30pm. Cost is $15 a kayak for HCWP Members and $25 for non-members. All kayakers must stop in the Learning Center to read and sign a release form and leave a valid ID. Parents or legal guardians must sign for children under 18 years of age. You must make a reservation to rent our kayaks. We no longer accept drop-ins.
Launch your own- Launching your own vessel is just $10 per kayak (free year-round to all HCWPF members). It is a 1/2 mile walk from parking lot to dock so come prepared. You may self launch Tuesday-Sunday 10-2:30pm. All kayakers must stop in the Learning Center to read and sign a release form and leave a valid ID. Parents or legal guardians must sign for children under 18 years of age.
(24 hr advance) Groups- We can launch up to 15 people as a group. Groups of 8 or more receive 10% off total price! Additional discounts are available for many educational and civic service groups.
Guided paddles & Events- We offer guided paddles and after hour paddles including sunrise, sunset and moonlit! Please check our monthly event calendar for dates and prices.
Rules & Regs
* Payment is due before paddle starts. We accept cash and card.
* Please arrive 15 minutes before reserved time.
* All kayakers must stop in the Learning Center to read and sign a release form and leave a valid ID. Parents or legal guardians must sign for children under 18 years of age.
* The rental period begins when the renter receives the kayak, paddles and life preservers. The rental period ends when the renter returns and locks the kayak, returns paddles and life preservers to HCWF staff. We allow 15 minutes to and from creek to office travel.
* Renter is responsible for the safe and authorized use of the equipment during the entire rental period. Equipment may not be left unattended or unsecured during the rental period.
* Kayak use for persons under 18 years of age may only be done under the direct supervision of adult renter.
* Kayaks may not be taken within 200 feet of the mouth of Hoffler Creek.
* HCWF staff has the right to cancel reservations due to large waves or other unsafe conditions.
* All persons on the water must return to the launch site if lightning is striking in the area.
* All persons must be considerate and steer clear of any other boats while kayaking.
* Alcohol consumption while boating is prohibited. Rentals will not be given to any person who is or appears to be intoxicated.
* No more than 2 adults and 1 child are allowed on tandem kayaks.
* Life preserves must be worn while on the water.
* Do not pollute the creek with any waste.