Full Moon Paddle - April 27
Tag along with Hoffler Creek's experienced guides for a paddle like no other! Launch with us onto Lake Ballard in the center of the Preserve under the light of the full moon. Stay close to the group to learn about our unique history and wildlife or paddle off on your own for a more intimate experience.
Pricing is PER PERSON for this event. (See details below.) Individual children between the ages of 3 – 17 must book with a parent/guardian. Smaller children will be placed in the front seat of a double kayak with a parent/guardian. EVERYONE is required to wear a provided life jacket.
What to bring:
- A strap to hold on your glasses or sunglasses
- Water Shoes (sandals, aqua socks, old tennis shoes, etc. Your feet will get wet!)
- Appropriate clothing (You will get wet!)
- Towels to dry off
- Face mask
- Please arrive by 7:15pm
- Check-in and sign waivers @ 7:30pm
- Walk about a half-mile to kayak area @ 7:45pm
- Safety check, life jacket fittings, and kayak launch @ 8:00pm
- Leave dock, paddle starts @ 8:15pm
Your electronic devices are your responsibility. Devices could become wet or lost if taken on the water. Personal items can be locked in the Creekside Lab during your paddle at your request. Please note your kayak preference (single/tandem) at the time of purchase. We will try to honor it but cannot make guarantees. No experience is needed. If you are new to kayaking, a tandem kayak is recommended as they are more stable and easier to paddle with two people.
All experience levels are welcome. Guides will provide basic paddling and safety instructions before getting on the water.
- Standard tickets: $40
- Standard tickets, Bring Your Own Kayak: $35
- HCWF Member tickets: $30
- HCWF Member tickets, Bring Your Own Kayak: $25
The date of this event is subject to change based on weather conditions.