About the Role
Facilitate daily kayak rentals and assist with guided kayak tours at Hoffler Creek Wildlife Preserve (HCWP). Training in American Canoe Association Level I & Level II Coastal Kayaking will be provided. In addition to kayaking, learn about native wildlife inhabiting local waterways, safety protocols on the water, and customer service skills.
This position will interact closely with the general public, providing instruction and guidance when necessary. The ability to lift kayaks on and off storage racks and carry them to and from the launch is required. Work will take place primarily outdoors.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greet renters and provide information related to kayaking
- Accept payments
- Transport renters to and from the kayak launch via golf cart
- Ensure safety regulations are communicated and followed
- Provide basic paddling instruction as needed
- Carry kayaks from storage racks to launch & vice versa
- Assist renters in and out of kayaks as needed
- Clean and store equipment after use
- This is a seasonal position lasting from May to August
- Daily Rentals: Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays (10:00 am - 4:00 pm)
- Guided Tours: Two evenings per month (days & times vary)
Ability to work outside for extended periods
Ability to regularly lift 50+ lbs
Customer service experience
Comfort on open water
Must be 18 or older
First Aid certification
About the Company
Hoffler Creek Wildlife Foundation manages this 142-acre preserve, the last parcel of land in the Hoffler Creek watershed, for conservation, education, research, and recreation consistent with good stewardship.